Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Why am I Blogging?

Will Sue for Food
My summer was packed full of excitement, tragedy, new beginnings, and uncertainty.  I find that this will be the description of my life for the coming months, if not years, as I embark on this journey called "being a grown up."  I am a Mercer University Law Class of 2011 graduate who is anxiously awaiting bar exam results, new resident of Augusta, fiercely loyal friend, criminal law enthusiast, dog loving, 26 year old.

I am trying to grow roots in my new town, but I am finding that it is more difficult than I expected it to be.  No one ever expects fast friends when moving to a new area, but I had hoped by this time I'd already have a job to occupy my time; giving me some new faces to get to know.  But it's been much different.  I am spending most of my time alone as I search for a job, and I love when my man gets home from work in the evening.  It's when I actually enjoy to explore the city.  I don't do that so much during the day because I have no idea when to go!    
Sunflowers always brighten any day!

In all seriousness, I am blogging mostly because I have nothing better to do, and I don't want to pay for a therapist.  Grieving has been tough, but writing is helping me get through it.  When I feel down, I'll write a post, more than likely about something happy and exciting that recently happened in my life; it's a great way to turn a sad feeling into something good.  I'm really hoping that through writing, my struggles, my sad days, triumphs, and travels will remind me that no matter how I may be feeling, I've still got it pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment