Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Georgia Home Opener

Well another weekend has gone, and this week brings much excitement.  We decided to spend a fall Saturday in Athens to root on the Georgia Dawgs in their home-opener against South Carolina.  Unfortunately, they lost in the last quarter, but it was such an exciting game!  42-45 was the final score and it probably was one of the best games they'll play this year!  We spent much of the day attending tailgates before the game started at 4:30.  It was perfect weather for football!
The AUG crew & Riley at the tailgate!
We had great seats (also free!), thanks so some awesome friends!  In the end zone, 22 rows up!  We had a perfect view of everything!  Touchdown Dawgs!  My throat hurt after the game from cheering so much!  I need to break the streak of only going to losing games!  I'm fairly certain if I go to another losing game, not one of my friends will want to take me to Athens ever again!

Touchdown!
This week I've been busy making connections in the Augusta Legal Community!  It's been fun to meet so many wonderful people who are willing to help not only a new resident, but a new attorney.  It's making feel like, yes, I can do this!  Even if I only knew a handful of friends when I moved here!  As I make more and more connections, I really an excited to see where those opportunities take me!  Hopefully I'll be employed within the next few months, and if not, hopefully I'll be volunteering as a law clerk somewhere!  Who wants to hire me?  I'm available immediately!

I also have many prayers being sent to Macon today, as FBI, MPD, and other law enforcement are searching the landfill for Lauren. May we receive some peace soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment