Thursday, September 29, 2011

Five Current Obsessions

1.  Cheap Mid-Week Flights from Augusta to Rochester on Delta.
I haven't been home to NY since early June and I miss it!  I am headed home next week all thanks to cheap mid-week flights on Delta airlines.  I am flying right out of Augusta, connecting in Atlanta, and then off to Rochester!  Without $190 round trip flight, I don't think I'd be taking this last minute trip!  Sometimes the airlines can be wallet friendly, who knew?

2.  Custom Brewcrafter's Autumn Festival of Ales
I love Custom Brewcrafter's beer from where I grew up, Honeoye Falls, NY!  It's such a fun place!  Every fall they host a festival right in town honoring all of the local breweries in Rochester, inviting them to come and serve their beer.  There is food, music, and most obviously, BEER!  I will be home while the festival is going on, and I cannot wait to be outside in the crisp air, drinking with longtime friends!  I cannot wait to try the Oktoberfest Lager!
CB's Autumn Festival of Ales
October 8, 2011
3.  Marc by Marc Jacobs Petal to the Metal Natasha shoulder bag
This bag has been on my radar since last winter.  I am obsessed with it, but it is a little bit too rich for my blood while I am currently unemployed.  I absolutely LOVE this new color, Russet.  It's so perfect for fall!  I just love all Marc Jacobs bags because the leather is so soft, it's just like butter.  I think the sparrows are just a cute touch that shows a little bit of an edgier side, similar to a sparrow tattoo.  This is definitely on my wish list for someone who really loves me and wants to give me an awesome gift!
Petal to the Metal Natasha
Marc by Marc Jacobs
$428
4.  Fall Weather
One thing I miss about living in Upstate New York is the changing of the seasons.  Fall is one of the most wonderful times of the year in New England, and I have to say, it's probably because of the changing colors of the leaves and the cooler weather!  I love being wrapped up in a sweater, trendy scarf, some jeans, and boots!

5.  The Luxury of Reading
For the past 3 years I was forced to read everything under the sun in law school.  Thousands of pages of textbooks and cases, along with many current cases at the District Attorney's office.  Even this past summer I didn't get to choose what I wanted to read, as I was busy studying even more law for the bar exam.  Finally though, I can read the books that I want to read, without anyone telling me otherwise!  For graduation, my sister and her husband were kind enough to buy me a Nook from Barnes and Noble.  I am obsessed!  I can download books in seconds, and it's so easy to read.  I don't miss the paperback at all!  As my Nook cover states:  "Literature is a luxury; fiction is a necessity." - G.K. Chesterton

No comments:

Post a Comment