Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Parent's Lab is a Little Dramatic

So it is 10:30 pm and I'm sitting in the pet ER. I never would have thought that on my second day home, this is where I'd be. I'm trying to give dad some support, as his baby, the 85-90 pound lab, Moose, is being checked out. Apparently he got into something in the woods and has been drooling like a fat kid on Halloween. I guess drooling is a sign of nausea, and after puking up his dinner 4 hours after eating it, it is cause for concern.

Anyway, Moose had the vitals check up, including a thermometer up his rump, plus a finger up his rump soon after. The face of him was classic. Hilarious and good to know dogs hate rectal exams as much as humans. Now he is being knocked out on reversible anesthesia to check out his bowels. The vet is also running some chemical check to make sure he didn't ingest poison, or something similar.

This is Dad while his dog is being checked out. Not worried, right? Moose will be fiiiine. Actually, Dad's had an extremely long day, work starts at like 6am for him. But right before he fell asleep like a kid, he was up worrying. He tried to engage me in a 2 player game of Word Mole for BlackBerry, but we couldn't figure out how to actually get it to play 2 player. Good thing I brought my Nook to keep me company while he's snoring over there.

Random thought of the night: At age 6 and 9 my parents threw Jamie (sister) and I a Halloween party in Honeoye. Everyone who was anyone at that age was invited. We had a bob for apples barrel. Only right this second am I realizing how nasty that water must have been. Slobber, snot, and Halloween face paint; couldn't be a worse combination.

$471 and some "dietary indiscretion", Moose is heading home. A sigh and tear of relief makes my Daddy much happier!!

No comments:

Post a Comment