Thursday, October 20, 2011

An Easy Humpday

No, it's not what you are thinking, get your mind out of the gutter.  I am talking about humpday, Wednesday, as in the work week is halfway over.  Considering I don't have a job, everyday is humpday for me, but for my man and the rest of the working world, humpday makes the rest of the week easier.

It felt like fall on humpday:  blustery and dark.  It was the perfect day to stay inside and cozy up on the couch with our delivery pizza and our redbox movie.  We opted for Bridesmaids, everyone had told us that it was hilarious, so we wanted to see what the hype was about.

The movie was not that funny.  It was the typical love story / jealous of your BFF for getting married story.  These bitches were terribly disgusting.  I'd never behave like the MOH did at the wedding shower, throwing a fit and dropping F-bombs everywhere.  Suck it up and deal with it for your friend's big day.  And, gross, the bridesmaid's dress fitting, it seriously made me want to vomit.  Definitely not slap stick humor, Bridesmaids went more for the gross out moments.

Maybe I hated this movie so much because I hate being a bridesmaid.  I don't enjoy all that being a bridesmaid entails.  I'd rather just show up to the wedding as a great friend and guest to enjoy the party and celebrating another couple's love!  Isn't that what weddings are all about anyway?  It's not the presents, nor the dresses.  It's about two people falling in love and beginning their life together!

No comments:

Post a Comment