Monday, October 17, 2011

My Fall Manicure

Some will call it gothic, but I call it beautiful.  It's no secret to anyone who knows me that I love dark nail polish.  Although I seem like a girly girl, I like to keep my manicure away from the nude or pink colors.  There's barely a time when I'll choose a light color over a dark one, unless it is spring time.

My favorite brand of nail lacquer is OPI.  I love the way it just covers the nail in just one stroke.  It really is amazing how much better OPI covers than the cheap drugstore brand.  I always spring for OPI because it doesn't crack or chip easily.  Usually at Ulta Beauty Store you can snag a deal on OPI, buy 2 get 1 free.

I always opt for the at-home manicure, mainly because I think it is a waste of money to pay someone what I can easily do on my own.  You need the essential tools, like a cuticle clipper and some base coat and top coat, and you're ready to go!

The colors that I love right now are:  Eiffel for This Color (a wine shimmer) and Midnight in Moscow (charcoal with maroon glimmer).

I just love how the sun hits these colors on your nails and give you that unexpected shimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment