Saturday, October 15, 2011

One Year Later, October 15

I would have never guessed when I started off my final year in law school, I'd soon be dating one of my friends.  What started out as a weekend in Athens for the Georgia Arkansas game to get away from law school turned into one weekend that will be one of my favorite memories.  Last minute, we had decided to head up from Macon for just a weekend of bourbon drinking and fall football.  It turned into dancing all night at the 8e's Bar, attending the tailgate, suffering the in the sweltering heat at the game which we lost, napping for an hour, and then doing it all over again that night at the local watering holes.  It was tough to recover from that weekend, but totally worth every second.  Garon and his two girls, Lauren and me, beginning the fall right.

The next weekend I had already planned to visit my college roommate, Leeza, in Savannah.  Luckily for me, she wanted more the merrier.  I had invited many to attend the Jazz Festival but it happened to be that only Garon decided to visit her with me.  It was such a fun time.  I exposed him to a different side of Savannah, one that included gay karaoke bars.  Believe it or not, at that very bar on River Street is where we first kissed!
Nashville
It was supposed to be a secret, but it turned out that it was no kept very well.  All of our friends knew that we were seeing each other, yet none of them were so willing to call us out on it.  Thankfully, when we decided to tell everyone, they already knew, so it was no big deal!

My surprise delivery while Garon is out of town for a bachelor party and missing our one year!  For some reason I think Buster and Timber were both in on the surprise, they barely even barked when the delivery man rang the doorbell.
Two dozen red roses!
Now one year later, I can say that I am happier than ever!  It's been a long but exciting year, and I am excited to see what the future holds for us!

1 comment:

  1. i love you. (and Garon. and Timber. and Buster. of course). this made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete