Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Time Heals What Reason Cannot

As I was googling various things about grief, I came across this phrase.

Time heals what reason cannot

I find this to ring true in the tragedy that I am dealing with.  Losing a friend is never easy to deal with, and losing one of your best friends makes it even harder.  I imagine that one day I will wake up from the night before and somehow be at peace with her loss, but I believe that day is far away.  How exactly does one deal with such tragedy?  It'll be a long, slow process, and one that I'll learn many lessons from.

Sometimes I wonder if she was a part of the bigger plan for everyone.  She lived her life to the fullest possible, and did so without any regrets.  She was the type of person who drew people to her.  She made everyone laugh, even if at her own expense.  It always seems like the good ones are taken from us way to early.  Which made me wonder, did she know that this was going to happen?  Did she know that her time would be short, therefore she made the best of it?  I'd like to believe that is what happened; that she was privy to this plan that only angels are aware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment